Reduce the shutdown time of Windows 2000 and XP
You can reduce the shutdown time of windows 2000 and XP using some tricks. Actually windows XP take time to close all running programs and applications before shutdown, but you can minimize this time if you have little knowledge about editing windows registry.
Follow the given steps to reduce the shutdown time:
- First click on Start button then type Regedit in Run option. Here locate the location to:
- Go to Hkey_Current_User\Control Panel\Desktop
- Here in right side panel, double click on AutoEndTasks and here its default value is 0. Now change it to 1.
- Now in same side panel double click on value name WaitToKillAppTimeout. Its default value data is 20000; now change this value of WaitToKillAppTimeout to 3500.
- Now close the registry editor and restart your computer after any changes to go into effect.