Edit system registry to turning off System Beeps.
Normally Windows warning beeps are very useful to identify when problem happen. One internal speaker in your system casing creates these beeps. But some time when you are working with your laptop in the library and other quiet areas, then these beeps will be disturbing others. You can turn off all your computer beeps with editing registry keys.Follow the given steps to turn off system beeps:
- First click on Start button then type Regedit in Run option.
- Here locate the location to:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Sound
- Here in right side panel, double click on Beep and change its value of NO. But next time you can turn on these beeps, simply give its value Yes.
- Now close the registry editor and restart your computer after any changes to go into effect.