Disable the Security Center warnings
Security is a system of safeguards designed to protect a computer system and important data from damage or access by unauthorized persons. Different antivirus and firewall programs are used to manage the security of the computer. Some time this is build-in antivirus or firewall program in windows XP to maintain the computer security. But if your windows is not provided with any antivirus, firewall program and Automatic Updates, your windows security center will alerts you a message "Your computer may be at risk. Your virus protection status is unknown" with useless repeating reminder. You can disable this message permanently by changing the values of “AntiVirusDisableNotify” in windows registry.Follow the given steps to edit the computer registry for disable message:
- First click on Start button then type Regedit in Run option.
- Here locate the location to:
· HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center
- Here in right side panel, double click on AntiVirusDisableNotify and set its value 1.
- Now close the registry editor and restart your computer after any changes to go into effect.